Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11 November 2009

Today we have a holiday, albeit one in the middle of the week. Therefore, it was my mission today to work on my Criterion I and my site.

I first had to complete all of the components of Criterion I:
1. Detailed Schedule.
For this, I pasted the schedule I had previously turned, with some slight revision.
2. Visual Evidence of Design.
I also included within my full Critereon I the storyboard and link tree I finished working on last Friday.
3. Software
Using the information I found under applications-> about, I was able to find the details I needed about all the software on my computer. I combined this with the information I got last Wednesday, about the programs on the Mac. As I'm working with two computers with two different operating systems, this part seemed a little long to me. Here is the table I created:

Description

Name

Version

Company

Operating Systems

Vista

Version 2007

Windows

Mac OS

Word Processer

Word

Version 2007

Microsoft

Image Editor

The Gimp

Version 2.4.5

GPL

Photoshop

Version CS4

Adobe

Web Design Program

Dreamweaver

Version CS4

Adobe

Equation Plotter

WinPlot

Versiom1.25.0.1

GPL

I also learned that several of my programs were under general public license (GPL), basically meaning it was possible to download the programs without having to pay the creator.

4. Hardware
This I also found, on both my laptop and the macbook, on the "about this mac" section. Here is that table:

Hardware Required

PC

Central Processing Unit

Intel Core 2, 1.73 GHz

RAM

1.00 GB

Hard Drive

Fujitsu ATA Device

Macbook

Central Processing Unity

Intel Core 2, 2.26GHz

RAM

2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM

Hard Drive

250GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive


5. The information I have been collecting (and will continue to collect) has come from these sources:

Internet Sources:

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/

www.purplemath.com

Book Sources:

"Logic- Study and Reference Guide." By Miriam Gabin, in the series of "Topics in Secondary Mathematics." published by Math Study Series in 1989

"Pre-Calculus with Limits: A Graphing Approach, 4th Edition" by Larson, Hostetler, and Edwards, copyright 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company

Teacher Assistance:

Mr. J. McEnerney

Ms. K. Kashiwabara

Mr. C. Kanja