Monday, January 4, 2010

4 January 2010

Today, I received back the survey I sent my first beta-tester. The results are seen below.


Survery:

Name: _Jane Krot_________________

Grade: _11_________________

Date:____January 2, 2010 and January 4, 2010_______________

Math Team Member: Yes No

Questionnaire

1. How long have you been on the math team?

I have been on the math team for 2 years (since 9th grade).

2. Was the site fully functional? If not, what bugs did you encounter?

The link for www.mathwords.com did not work on my computer.

When I tried to open the practice tests for Meet 1, Event 2, Geometry- Angles in a Plane; Meet 1, Event 1, Algebra II -Quadratic & Fractional Equations w/ Real Solutions & Word Problems; Meet 1, Event 3, Algebra 1- Patterns; Meet 2, Event 2, Geometry- Logic; Meet 3, Event 2, Geometry- Right Triangles, Pythagorean Theorem & Special Right Triangles; Meet 3, Event 3, Algebra I- Age, Motion, and Numbers; Meet 3, Event 4, Trigonometry - Inverse Functions; Meet 3, Event 5, Algebra I-Operations with Polynomials; Meet 3, Event 6- Algebra II, Functions; Meet 4, Event 1, Exponents & Logarithms (no tables);Meet 4, Event 2, Geometry; Meet 4, Event 3, Algebra I- Factoring Over the Integers & Equations Involving Factoring; Meet 4, Event 4a- Trigonometry; Meet 4, Event 4, Trigonometry, Polar Coordinates & DeMoivre's Theorem; Meet 4, Event 5, Algebra I-Linear Inequalities; Meet 4, Event 6, Algebra II- The Quadradic Function; Meet 5, Event 6,Algebra II - Matrices and Determinants, Triangles with Scientific Calculators; Event 1- Polynomial Equations with Real Coefficients; Meet 7, Event 1, Algebra II - Probability; Meet 7, Event 4, Analytic Geometry - Rational Functions; Meet 7, Event 5, Algebra I- Equations with Decimals & Percents (Mixture & Investments); Event 6- Arithmetic & Geometric Sequences & Series, none of them worked.

For Meet 4, Event 6, Algebra II- The Quadradic Function, the first practice test has a blank page and there are no other tests.

For Meet 5, Event 5, Geometry - Circles with Arcs, Chords, Secants, Tangents, & Angles, one of the practice tests is missing or does not work.

For Meet 3, Event 1, Algebra II- Radicals and Exponents, some of the practice tests are not working.

For Meet 7, Event 3, Algebra I- Radical Operations, the tests for 2006-2007 does not coincide with the number on the practice test.

For Meet 7, Event 4, Analytic Geometry- Vectors, one of the tests does not work.

For Meet 1, Event 3, Algebra 1- Patterns and Meet 4, Event 5, Algebra I- Linear Inequalities, some of the writing scanning I was not able to read.

For Meet 2, Event 3- Solving Equations, the link for the practice tests does not open.

At one point, I was not able to access the links above, but that might have been my computer because later it started working.

When I tried to press the Event 3- Linear Equations in One Variable (No Word Problems) and Event 5- Logic links, the computer was not able to access the page, but when I pressed on another event and used the links below to go to event 3, it worked.

For Meet 2, Event 6, Algebra II-Absolute Values and Inequalities, it is a little bit hard to read the scanned parts.

For Meet 5, Event 2, Geometry- Areas of Convex Polygons, the practice tests are out of order; they do not coincide with the dates

For Meet 5, Event 2, Geometry- Areas of Convex Polygons., the practice test for 2004-2005 does not coincide with the data on the actual scanned test

For Event 5- Circles with Arcs, Chords, Secants, Tangents, & Angles, the URL when I click on the actual link under meet 5 does not work, but it works when I go to another event and click on the link below.

For Meet 6, Event 4, Analytic Geometry- Parabolas, Ellipses, & Hyperbolas and Event 6- Permutations & Combinations; Meet 6, Event 4, Analytic Geometry- Parabolas, Ellipses, & Hyperbolas, some of the practice tests are upside down.

For Meet 6, Event 6, Algebra II - Permutations & Combinations, one of the tests is upside down and one of the practice tests is repeated,

3. Were there any mistakes with the math (incorrect formulas, properties, etc.)?

What is this: Square Roots: jj? I am just not familiar with it.

4. What could be done to make this site more user-friendly?

5. What kind of information would you like to see added?

May be add the “*these events alternate annually” on each page below.

6. Would you use this site as a resource? Why or why not?

Yes, I would use this web site because each event for each meet has examples and formula sheets. Also there are practice tests, I can do. If I forget my packets at home, I can open it up and do the practice tests. Also I can prepare for future events.

7. Any additional comments, questions or concerns?

May be for the probability page add the formulas used for permutations and combinations and some example problems. Also add more information to the last two meets.