Monday, February 22, 2010

22 February


I finally received back my questionnaire, for my second set of refinements. I made the changes as quickly as I could, also incorporating some things I had noticed earlier in my revisions.

For one, Ms. Kashiwabara suggested that I try to use less of the scanned tests and a greater amount of computer generated formulas. Looking at the images, and determining what was legible and what was not, I re-generated many of the formulas using an equation editor I found, LaTex (I had to go back, and add this to my Criterion I). This was faster than the previous method, as it allowed me to convert the formulas directly into .gif format. However, it was still rather tedious. I redid some of the formulas, but not all.
For example, here I replaced the picture with laTex
Before:

After:
In addition, I added a "contact us" section on the home page, in order to address Ms. Kash's concern that the site would need to be continually updated.