Thursday, December 10, 2009

10 December 2009

Today, I got a lot of time to work on my webpage.
I began by copying more, new information from my research into the website. The actual designing is over, so it's more of a matter now of getting all the information in. While most of it is in, I still have some work to do. Our teacher told us we were posting our sites today, or at least the first draft. This made me a bit nervous, as I am not nearly as close to being done as I would like to be.
In addition, in preparation for site posting, we have had to copy all of our files from our flash drives to our student folders. The transfer met no problems- all the files copied over. However, once it got inside in my student folder I realized that several of the images were broken.
That was a bit discouraging. However, after looking through the files on my user account, I realized that many of my images did not have paths within my new folder.
So, I had to re-save the images from their old locations (various places on my flash drive) and place them into the new student folder.

By the end of the class, however, we had run out of time; we would not have time during the class to publish our sites. This was partially because we had to upload the sites of the people who did their websites on Dreamweaver as well as iWeb. This was also because some of the students realized that had not home page; because they did not have a pages named index.html, the site would not recognize their pages.


I also worked on Critereon I.
I realized that I had not provided nearly enough visual evidence, so I commenced to add in screenshots to my Criterion I, and commented on them.